Construction Phases and Descriptions
1. Programming: Gather information from members of the administration, community,
2. Schematic Design: Create overall designs based on programmed information.
- Design process of multiple schemes
- There is no one single “right” design
- Check and recheck against Programming information and Educational Specifications
- Working document that verifies progress is staying on target
- Explore any and all layout and design options to push against any preconceived ideas
- Adapt design to all gathered information to what works best
- Consistent communication with district personnel and educational staff
- Meetings with Project Design Committee, teachers and district staff, Community Oversight Group, Open House community feedback
- Work from departmental layout, to floor plans, to building massing, to interior and exterior design
- Work from diagram to building
3. Design Development: Further refine designs and finalize decisions with design
4. Construction Documents: Produce documents used during construction.
5. Bidding: Hiring process that allows sub-contractors to review and bid on the cost of
services they will provide.
6. Construction Administration: Work in conjunction with a construction manager to
complete construction of all items within the scope of the project.
7. Punch and Closeout: Review of work completed and conformance to design intent.
Project is delivered and warranty periods are initiated.
8. Facilities Opening: August 2019
Cleburne High School Additions & Renovations Construction Phasing