What is Two-Way Dual Language?
- Dual Language is both an additive bilingual program for Spanish-speaking students and a foreign language immersion program for English-speaking students. In Two-Way classrooms, a combination of native Spanish speakers and native English speakers are taught together in an effort to develop full bilingualism and bi-literacy for both groups of students.
- Implementation began in August 2018 at Irving Elementary. We currently have Two-Way Dual Language in Kindergarten and 1st grade. This program will grow each year as students promote to the next grade. This pathway will provide opportunities for Spanish high school credit/Advanced Placement college credit in middle and high school.
Why should I enroll my child?
- Research has shown students who are bilingual perform at high academic levels.
- Global/cultural awareness & biliteracy are research-based 21st-century skills.
How do I enroll? Who can enroll?
- Applications are now closed for the 2018-2019 school year.
- Applications for incoming Kindergarten students in 2019-2020 will open at our Two-Way Parent Meeting on January 31, 2019 in the Cleburne ISD Board Room. The application will be posted on this website after the parent meeting.
- There is an application process and lottery system. Applications are due no later than March 4, 2019. If necessary, a lottery will be held on March 20, 2019. Please see the Frequently Asked Questions document below.
Applications for the 2019-2020 school year are now closed.
If you would like your incoming Kindergarten student to be added to the wait list, please contact Christy Burton at 817-202-1106 or email@example.com.
Questions? Contact Christy Burton, Director of World Languages
CBurton@c-isd.com or 817-202-1106
Find out more by watching the video below.