What is Two-Way Dual Language?
- Native English Speakers and Native Spanish Speakers learn core content in both languages through a 50/50 immersion classroom.
- Implementation will begin August 2018 at Irving Elementary.
Why should I enroll my child?
- Research has shown students who are bilingual perform at high academic levels.
- Global/cultural awareness & biliteracy are research-based 21st-century skills.
How do I enroll? Who can enroll?
- Any child entering kindergarten or 1st grade in August of 2018 may apply to enroll.
- There is an application process and lottery system. Applications are now open and will be accepted until March 2, 2018. Parents will be notified of status. If a lottery is necessary, it will take place on March 22, 2018.
* Applications for 2018-2019 are now closed. Lottery for Kindergarten and 1st grade students will take place at CISD Central Office on March 22 at 12:00 p.m. This event will be livestreamed at:
Questions? Contact Christy Burton, CISD Dual Language Coordinator.
CBurton@c-isd.com or 817-202-1106
Find out more by watching the video below.