- Total Students: 6,749
- Number of Teachers: 471
- Student-to-Teacher Ratio: 14.5
- Graduation Rate: 93.6%
- Average Teacher Salary: $53,478
- Teacher Turnover Rate: 13.3%
- 2017 TEA Accountability Rating: Met Standard
- 2017 TEA Financial Integrity Rating: Superior (A)
- Accreditation Status: Accredited
Fall 2017 Demographic Forecast
- The unemployment rate in Cleburne is currently below 3%.
- DFW will continue to be a leader in job and population growth due to the creation of nearly 95,000 jobs in the last 12 months.
- The average price for a new home in Cleburne ISD is nearly $182,500.
- Cleburne ISD has roughly 1,200 future lots planned for development.
- CISD is expected to reach more than 7,000 students in the fall of 2024.
- CISD is projected to grow approximately 233 students in five years, with a fall 2022 enrollment of 6,956.
- CISD ten year growth of 477 students with a fall 2027 enrollment of 7,200.
Complete information on local, county and state economic conditions, the Cleburne housing market, CISD enrollment history and ten-year forecast, compiled by Templeton Demographics is available for download at bottom of page.
The Cleburne School District has a long and distinguished heritage dating back to the year 1884, with its first graduate, Bertha Clements being handed her diploma in the spring of 1892.
From its beginnings as a one ward district which served the children of the Santa Fe Rail Road shops, Cleburne ISD has grown into a nationally recognized school system that focuses on high academic standards built on a foundation of basic education principles. Our expectations remain high for our students as the “heritage of excellence” is sustained by future generations.
The mission of Cleburne ISD in partnerships with parents and community is to provide all students
with rigorous and relevant learning.
Excellence Happens Here.
We believe that every student can succeed.
We believe that high expectations foster a high level of performance.
We will make all decisions in the best interest of our students.
We will prepare our students to be successful, productive citizens.